Many of Richmond’s local pharmacies will be open over the May bank holiday weekends. Full details of opening hours in the borough can be found below
Your local pharmacy is a great source of expert advice for a wide range of minor illnesses including coughs, colds and sore throats and you won’t need an appointment.
Enjoy the bank holidays with this checklist.
- Stock up your medicine cabinet, so that you have self-help medicines such as a first aid kit, paracetamol, thermometer, suncream and aftersun cream.
- If you have a regular prescription, make sure you have enough to last you until your GP practice opens again.
- If you need help when your GP practice is closed, and it’s not a 999 emergency, you can call NHS 111. This service is available 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
- If your condition is serious or a life threatening emergency, always dial 999 immediately or go to your nearest A&E department.
- Visit the NHS Choices website or NHS 111 for further information.
If you need medical help fast, but it’s not a life-threatening situation, call NHS111. In a life threatening emergency, dial 999 or go to A&E.