We work closely with our local health and care service providers to make sure that patients and members of the public have opportunities to give feedback on current services and be involved in developments for the future.
We use the standard NHS contract for all services we commission other than primary care, which is covered by separate contracting arrangements.
The contract covers:
- Involving people in decisions about their own care and treatment and providing clear information
- Actively seeking feedback from service users and the public including patient surveys and the Friends and Family Test
- Providing evidence of involving service users and the public when considering and implementing developments to services
As lead commissioner for South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust, on behalf of other commissioners we use our monthly clinical quality review group (CQRG) meetings to monitor performance and progress and discuss with our provider colleagues about some of the challenges of involving diverse groups, acting on feedback and demonstrating where people’s views have had an impact.
People who live in the borough use NHS services run by a range of providers including Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust (West Middlesex Hospital).
We liaise with the lead commissioners for these NHS services to ensure that their patients’ feedback is heard and acted on. We are currently developing a set of engagement prompt questions that can be used during CQRGs to support this and hope to schedule regular involvement presentations across all providers.
NHS trusts produce an annual quality account, which has some information on work they have done to listen to and improve the experience of their patients and the public. You can see them on our Trusts’ websites:
- South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust
- Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- West Middlesex University Hospital
- East London Foundation Trust
Get involved with local services
If you have a comment about local services or would like to get more involved, you can find out more below: