The children and young people's plan sets out our two-year joint operating plan with Richmond Council for children and young people in the borough of Richmond. It is a response to national policy and priorities and local needs and aims to deliver improvements in the following areas:
- Child adolescent mental health services
- Improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) for children
- Emergency admissions and A&E attendances
We will do this by:
- listening to children, young people and their families/carers
- focusing on life course commissioning and health improvement
- expanding local educational provision for children with special needs
- developing community services
- promoting good physical and emotional health and wellbeing
- safeguarding to keep children and young people safe from harm
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAHMS) transformation plan 2017 refresh
The child and adolescent mental health (CAMHS) transformation plan sets out the local vision, strategy and key actions to support improvements in children and young people's mental health and wellbeing in the borough of Richmond.
The Richmond transformation plan was developed with children, young people, professionals and partners who have been working locally to deal with the challenging issues of mental health and wellbeing.
The key areas of transformation within our plans are to:
Increase the capacity in our CAMHS single point of access across the voluntary sector, tier 2 and tier 3 to reduce waiting times for an assessment and expand our counselling offer for children and young people.
- Invest in our south west London eating disorder service
- Empower children and young people to destigmatise mental health, access help quickly, help themselves and help others
- Enable schools to access mental health training
- Meet the needs of vulnerable children and young people who are at risk of self-harming and sexual abuse
- Develop a workforce strategy to improve the capacity, skills and knowledge of professionals, parents and carers
Richmond CAMHS Transformation Plan 2018 Refresh
Richmond CCG is the process of refreshing the 2017 CAMHS Transformation Plan. The 2018 refreshed plan will be finalised by the end of November and placed on the CCG’s website on Monday 3 December 2018.