Winter Warmth: Are you ready for winter?
Older people and those with a long term health condition are being urged to take advantage of the Council's Winter Warmth Campaign before the cold wintry weather bites.
The Winter Warmth programme provides free home visits for advice and information on heating, insulation, financial benefits, and health and wellbeing. To arrange a visit applicants must be over the age of 65; or have a long term health condition (such as asthma or diabetes).
Last year Thinking Works and Age UK, local organisations which provide services on behalf of the Council, delivered 673 home visits as part of Winter Warmth programme. A total of £96,900 of grants were applied for to help those most in need to stay warm and well during the winter months
During the free home visit the Council will help to take action immediately or refer residents for help with the following:
- Grants for heating, insulation, and boiler repairs
- Free water saving devices worth £50
- Free radiator reflector panels and draught proofing to keep heat in your home
- Advice on free walks and healthy lifestyle opportunities in the borough
- Advice on getting involved in the community
- Free smoke and carbon monoxide alarms if required
- Free specialist advice on lowering your heating bills whilst keeping warm
- Benefits checks
to read the full story on Richmond Council's website