Patient advice and liaison service (PALS) and complaints
Richmond CCG's patient advice and liaison service (PALS) provides, patients, carers and their families, with free, confidential advice, information and support.
How can PALS help you?
- inform you about NHS services in the Richmond area
- listen to your questions and concerns and give you information on the options available
- help sort out problems or concerns that you may have about NHS services.
- arrange for an interpreter, signer or other support service to be at your appointment with you
- use your comments and suggestions constructively to make sure we improve NHS services locally
- advise you about other organisations and services that could help with your problem
- guide you through the NHS complaints process if you want to make a complaint
We can also provide information about independent advocacy services that can help you write your complaint.
NHS Complaints Advocacy on 0300 330 5454 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I do if I have a problem with my NHS treatment or care?
You should discuss the problem with your GP, nurse or another appropriate person in the clinic, ward or department. They are the best people to help you and clearly explain your medical condition, treatment or clinical procedure. If you do not understand the first time, don't feel embarrassed to ask for the information to be repeated.
If you still have questions or concerns about a GP, dentist, optician or pharmacist or you don't want to contact them directly, you can contact NHS England's customer contact centre:
Telephone 0300 311 22 33 or email: email@example.com
For all other questions or enquiries please contact Richmond PALS on 020 8734 3001 or email RICCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
We aim to commission good quality services but we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If they do, you may want to tell us what you think about our services.
We take complaints seriously and making a complaint will not affect your treatment or care.
Positive feedback is also beneficial so please send any compliments to the complaints department.
How do I make a complaint about the NHS?
PALS is happy to listen to your concerns and help where possible. PALS can also provide information on the formal NHS complaints process.
If you want to make a formal complaint about your GP, dentist, optician or pharmacist, you can contact NHS England's complaints department:
PO Box 16738
Tel: 0300 311 22 33
If you wish to complain or offer a compliment about other local services please contact Richmond CCG's complaints department on 020 8734 3001 or RICCCG.email@example.com or write to us at:
Our PALS and complaints policy can be read here
Quality & Complaints Manager
1st Floor, Civic Centre
44 York Street